Mexican Style jalapeño Relish-Loaded Chicken is prepared with tender chicken breast and lightly spicy and flavorful jalapeño relish. It is a perfect party dish to be served with tasty butter garlic toast. A chef from Vivanta by Taj has shared this delicious Mexican dish.
For the jalapeño relish:
Quail egg (boiled)
For the chicken roulade:
- Sauté the chopped onions, garlic, chilli and fennel seeds. Add sugar, salt, vinegar, bay leaf and clove. Simmer for 20 minutes until reduced. Set aside to cool.
- Flatten the chicken breast by pounding it. Marinate with salt, black pepper and olive oil.
- Stuff the jalapeño relish into the flattened chicken breast, and roll the chicken to form a 1” cylinder. Wrap with aluminium foil and steam for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Once cool, evenly slice the chicken roulade.
- Serve with mesclun leaves and buttered garlic toast.
- Garnish with olives and caper berries.