Lasooni Palak Vilayati Gucchi Aur Singadha is a north Indian dish rich in iron and essential nutrients. As the name suggests this dish is prepared with a combination of spinach, garlic along with mushrooms and water chestnuts. The Indian spices add a nice flavour to the dish. Lasooni Palak with rice or butter naan is a must try. Era Manga Kozhambu is a tangy and spicy dish made from raw mangoes and Prawns. Fenugreek seeds and Coriander leaves brings out the authentic taste of this dish. A chef from Taj Deccan has shared these two recipes.
Lasooni Palak Vilayati Gucchi Aur Singadha
Kasoori methi powder
Morel or button
1 1/2 tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds until they crackle.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger, onions, chillies.
- Add chilly, turmeric and jeera powders.
- Add palak puree, chopped palak and cut mushrooms. Cook till moisture evaporates. To this, add water chestnuts.
- Add fried methi, kasoori methi powder and salt to taste. Finish the dish with butter and cream.
Tips: Mushrooms like morels, wild mushrooms and porcini mushrooms can be used. Soak the mushrooms in hot water for two to three hours. Wash them properly chop & mix in gravy or sauce. Fresh or canned singadha (water chestnuts) can be used.
Era Manga Kozhambu
Green chillies (slit)
Red chilli powder
Coriander leaves (chopped)
For the marinade
- Marinate prawns with lemon juice, a little turmeric and salt. Keep aside.
- Deseed and cut raw mango into a size slightly smaller than the prawns.
- Heat oil, crackle mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds, onion, garlic, curry leaves, green chillies and sauté.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté for a while. To this add coconut paste and tomato puree, and cook well.
- Add water and salt. Add raw mango and cook till the gravy thickens. Add marinated prawns and cook till done. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.