Green Pea Ricotta Ravioli With Saffron Foam And Tomato Jam is a delicious Italian dish made with fresh and healthy vegetables and flavourful spices along with rich parmesan cheese. Date Fudge Pie is a finger-licking sweet dish prepared with healthy dates. A chef from Taj Deccan has shared these two scrumptious recipes.
Green Pea Ricotta Ravioli With Saffron Foam And Tomato Jam
- Mix the flour, eggs and salt to make a dough. Roll into a thin sheet.
- Cut circles with a cutter.
- Heat oil and add garlic, onion and coarsely ground green peas. Cook for a few minutes and set aside. Add ricotta cheese and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put this mixture into the circles of pasta dough. Cover with a second circle and seal the sides with a fork.
- Boil water and blanch the ravioli.
- Heat oil and add onions, garlic and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, mixed herbs and chilli flakes. Season and cook till done.
- Plate the ravioli one on top of the other, and put the tomato jam on top.
- Boil the cream and whip it with a stick blender. Add saffron and salt. Spoon the foam on top of the ravioli.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and an eggplant crisp. Serve hot.
Date Fudge Pie
For the base
For the filling
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the flour, salt, milk and vanilla essence. Mix well till it forms a dough.
- Roll it out in a pie shell to make a base. Make strips with the remaining dough.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar. Add butter and cream, stirring continuously. Mix in dates; cook for two minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pour it into the pie shell and arrange the strips to cover the filling.
- Bake it at 150°C for 30 minutes.
- When warm, cut into slices. Dust with icing sugar before serving.