If you like to start your meal with a salad then try the delicious Glass Noodles Salad made with appealing Thai glass noodles, garlic and flavourful sauces. Tub Tim Grob Cheesecake is a refreshing popular Thai dessert made with coconut and mascarpone cheese. A chef from Vivanta by Taj has shared these two recipes.
Glass Noodles Salad
Garlic (smashed and minced)
Thai chillies (smashed and sliced)
Shallots (thinly sliced)
Bean thread Thai glass noodles
Tomato (cut into chunks)
Cilantro (roughly chopped)
Fish sauce or light soya sauce
2 or 3
1 or 2 tbsp
- Soak the noodles in warm water for 10 minutes. Boil about 6 cups of water and add this to the pre-soaked noodles; be sure to cut off the strings that are holding the bundles together.
- Let the noodles boil for about a minute, or until they are cooked, but not mushy. Drain the water and place the noodles in a mixing bowl.
- Warm cooking oil in a wok or pan and add garlic and chillies. Stir until fragrant. Put the mushrooms in and while cooking them add a few teaspoons of fish sauce or light soya sauce. Once the mushrooms are cooked, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner to let the pan cool to room temperature.
- Now, when the noodles are at room temperature add mushrooms to them. Then put in the shallots, tomatoes, cilantro, mint, fish sauce, lime and sugar. When you taste it, you want the lime flavour to be in the lead, followed by a salty one; the sugar is used to balance out the above flavours.
- Dish up in a serving plate.
Tub Tim Grob Cheesecake
For crust base:-
Coconut milk powder
Chestnut soaked in rose syrup
- For the crust, blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs. Mix with melted butter, honey and desiccated coconut in a large bowl until everything is fully combined.
- Press the biscuit-butter mixture into the bottom of a 20cm spring form cake tin. Now place it in the fridge for an hour to let it set.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whipping cream and mascarpone cheese and keep it aside.
- In another bowl take cold water and the gelatine in it for some time. Now melt the gelatine and mix it with the coconut milk. Pour this mix slowly into whipped cream along with water chestnuts soaked in sweet rose syrup.
- Now take a crust base ring from the fridge, sprinkle chestnuts over the biscuit base and pour it over the cheese base.
- Place it in the freezer for five hours. Remove after its set completely and cut in desired shapes. Serves seven.