Tangdi Kebab prepared with Indian spices and soft tender chicken is a healthy and delicious melt in mouth appetizer for party and family gatherings. Steamed Patrani Machi prepared with steamed fish is flavorful and is one of the popular dishes for seafood lovers. Chef Gaurav Chakraborty, Executive Sous Chef at Novotel Hyderabad Airport, Shamshabad shared these two finger licking recipes.
Steamed Tangdi Kebabs-
Green chilly (paste)
Red chilly (powder)
Gram masala (powder)
1) Marinate the chicken in salt and part of the ginger-garlic paste, set aside for 30 minutes.
2) Add chicken to second marinade of hung curd, mustard oil, some more ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, green chilly paste, red chilly powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder and saffron and set aside for a few hours.
3) Dip dim sum basket in spiced stock, place a banana leaf on the base of the basket and place the chicken drumsticks in it. Steam for 20 minutes or till completely cooked.
4) Serve hot in the dim sum basket with mint chutney.
Steamed Patrani Machi-
Murrel fish (slices)
Coriander (finely chopped)
Green chilly (finely chopped)
1) Marinate the fish slices in mustard oil, salt, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, kasoori methi, chopped coriander, green chillies and lemon juice, set aside for 30 minutes.
2) Wrap the fish slices in banana leaves and steam in dim sum basket till done.
3) Serve hot with onion rings and mint chutney.