For the pavlova
egg white 6
lemon juice 5 ml
icing sugar 240 gm
castor sugar 240 gm
corn flour 60 gm
earl grey tea leaf 100 gm
For the mint cream mousse
white chocolate (chopped) 170 gm
whipped cream 375 ml
salt a pinch
egg yolk 4
granulated sugar 45 ml
crème de menthe 120 ml
cream 125 ml
1. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium until it forms soft peaks. Slowly add castor sugar, continuously whisking. You should be able to make glossy white peaks.
2. Gently fold in the icing sugar, corn flour and lemon juice using a spatula.
3. Use a baking mat on a baking tray. Fill a piping bag with this mixture and squeeze drop-shaped pavlova on the mat. Sprinkle earl grey tea leaves on top.
4. Bake at 90°C for two hours. Turn the oven off and leave the door open to allow the pavlova cool.
Heat 125 ml of the cream on medium-high heat, till tiny bubbles form on the edge of the saucepan.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt. Slowly whisk in the hot cream. Place bowl over simmering water and cook, stirring till the custard coats the spoon. Remove from heat.
6. Add crème de menthe and melted white chocolate.
7. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the custard. Pour into moulds and allow the mousse to set.
Plate pavlova and mousse as desired.
8. Serve with passion fruit and raspberry puree.