Delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes are made with fresh strawberries with a cheesecake base. Banoffee Pie is another mouth-watering sweet dish made with healthy bananas and, cream and toffee. A chef from Taj Krishna has shared these dessert recipes.
Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
For cheesecake blend:
For strawberry syrup:
- For strawberry syrup, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a gentle simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced.
- For pancake, add ingredients of the cheesecake blend to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Take a large bowl and sift together the dry ingredients. Then pour the cheesecake blend mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until it is combined. Do not overmix - there should be small lumps.
- Medium heat a lightly greased large non-stick skillet and pour pancakes by the 1/4th cup of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula and cook until browned on the other side.
- Top it up with fresh strawberry syrup.
For the pie base:
For caramel sauce:
For pastry cream:
- For the pie, cream the icing sugar and butter until light and aerated, fold sieved flour, and gradually add milk while mixing and refrigerate to rest.
- Roll the dough, line it in a tart mould and dock it with a fork and blind bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 12 minutes until golden brown, and allow it to cool.
- For filling, add water to a pan and bring it to a boil. Wrap the condensed milk tin with aluminium wrap and place it in the boiling water. Allow simmering for about 2 hours.
- For pastry cream, add sugar and milk in a pan and allow it to boil. Separate egg yolk, add flour and cornflour, and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Add little boiled milk to the yolk and whisk to temper the mixture and then add vanilla. Now add the yolk mixture to the boiling milk and cook on a slow flame, whisking continuously until cooked and thick.
- Remove the mixture from heat and refrigerate.
- For assembling the pie, fill the baked pie base with the caramelised condensed milk, layer the pie with caramelized banana and top it up with pastry cream.
- Garnish with white chocolate flakes and serve cold.