|For the sponge cake|
|cocoa powder||120 gms|
|For the chocolate ganache|
|dark chocolate||500 gms|
|unsalted butter||100 gms|
|For the syrup|
1. For the syrup: boil sugar and water with the lime till it boils. Set aside to cool.
2. For the sponge cake: whip the eggs and sugar till light and four times its original volume. Sift the flour and cocoa together. Gradually fold the flour into the whipped eggs. Pour batter into a mould and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Mix in the cream and butter till smooth and shiny.
4. Cut the cake into four layers with a string. Put the first layer on a cake board, and sprinkle the syrup until moist. Apply a layer of chocolate ganache. Arrange all the layers in a similar manner.
5. Trim the edges, if required, to make the cake even.
6. Pour the remaining chocolate ganache on top and spread evenly. Leave in a cool place and allow the ganache to set.
7. Garnish with choice of fruits or chocolate cigars.