filo pastry sheet 2
cheddar cheese 30 gm
cream cheese 50 gm
fresh herbs 10 gm
green chilli 30 gm
olive 100 gm
potato 200 gm
leek 1 gm
white wine 60 gm
butter 50 gm
1. Defrost and separate the filo sheets. Arrange them on a tray.
2. Apply melted butter on each and refrigerate for a few minutes. Cut into 4x4” squares.
3. Make a filling with chopped green chillies and the
4. cheeses. Place on the filo pastry squares and roll. Deep-fry till golden brown.
5. Toss the potatoes, leeks and olives in butter. Simmer for a few minutes and add white wine. Once reduced, add herbs and pour over the rolls.
6. Serve hot.
For the paste
bird’s eye chilli 10
lemon grass 4-5 sticks
turmeric powder 1 tsp
galangal (peeled and diced) 1 small piece
ginger flower 2 stalks
shrimp paste 5 tsp
shallots (diced) 1 small bowl
PENANG LAKSA PASTE
For the stock
oil 3 Tbsp
chicken broth 2 cups
water 2 cups
lemon grass 2 stalks
kaffir lime leaves 5
tofu (cut) 40 gm
coconut milk ½ cup
salt to taste
noodle 10 gm
bean sprout 50 gm
shrimp (cleaned and cooked) 10
eggs (hard-boiled and quartered) 3
bell pepper (shredded) to garnish
coriander leaves to garnish
lemon wedge to garnish
1. Blend the bird’s eye chillies with a small amount of water to make 3-4 tablespoons of chilli paste.
2. Finely slice the white part of the lemon grass.
3. Blend all the paste ingredients together until smooth.
4. In a stock pot, add oil. Sauté the paste until it becomes aromatic.
5. Add chicken broth, water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and tofu. Bring to a boil, then lower the
temperature and simmer. Add coconut milk and salt as required. Let it simmer.
6. Boil the noodles and drain the water. Set aside.
7. Place the shrimp and egg on top of the noodles.
8. Pour the laksa stock over the noodles.
9. Garnish and serve hot.