beetroot (cooked and grated) 4 cups
potato (cooked and mashed) 1 cup
fresh mint (chopped) 1 tsp
fresh coriander (chopped) 1 tsp
fresh ginger paste ¼ tsp
crushed black pepper ¼ tsp
salt ½ tsp
lemon juice 1 tsp
flour (with water) 1 tbsp
bread crumbs (dried) ½ cup
oil ¼ cup
1. Combine all ingredients except the flour mix, bread crumbs and oil.
2. Shape into 12 round patties.
3. Dip them in the flour mix, coat with bread crumbs and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat oil and fry the cutlets on both sides till brown. Serve hot.
oil ¼ cup
shallots (sliced) 1 cup
ginger paste 1 tsp
garlic paste 1 tsp
chilli powder 1 tsp
ground turmeric ½ tsp
black peppercorns (crushed) ½ tsp
vinegar ½ tsp
salt 1 tsp
fish fillets (skinless, cut) 1½ kg
thick coconut milk 1 cup
1. Heat oil, and sauté the shallots till light brown. Add ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for one minute.
2. Add the chilli powder, turmeric and peppercorns. Fry till the oil rises to the top. Add vinegar and salt.
3. Rub the mixture on both sides of the fillets. Pour coconut milk over the fish. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat when the fish is done. Set aside for 15 minutes before serving hot.