Barbari Nalli Gosht
finely grated ginger
garam masala powder
1. Clean and wash the lamb pieces. Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan and add green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaves, and sliced onions. Sauté until the onions are light pink in colour. Add ginger and the lamb and then sauté again.
2. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, and cook for one minute. Stir and cook for three minutes on medium heat. Beat the tomato puree and yogurt and add it to the pan. Add two cups of water and bring it to a boil.
3. Cook under pressure for 20 minutes until the lamb pieces are almost cooked. Then add salt and garam masala powder and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Creamy Polenta with Cherry Tomato Tapenade
1. For the polenta, bring the yellow cornmeal, salt, and broth to a boil over high flame. Add cream and reduce to a simmer. Using a long wooden spoon, continually stir until it has thickened. When the mixture is thick, add pepper and thyme and stir.
2. Oil a baking sheet and spread the polenta mixture evenly over it with an inverted knife and allow it to cool. Preheat a broiler, cut the polenta into squares and brush olive oil and place it under the broiler for eight minutes until it is lightly toasted. Top each square with a tablespoon of tapenade and serve.
3. To make the tapenade, boil water and pour it over the tomatoes and allow it to soften for 20 minutes. Discard most of the water. Grind walnuts in a food processor, fitted with an S blade, until it is finely ground. Add tomatoes, garlic, lemon, sea salt, pepper, and rosemary.
4. Run the food processor and drizzle oil in a thin stream. If the mixture is still very thick, drizzle of the water from the tomatoes until it reaches the desired consistency as that of thick pesto. Serve the tomato tapenade along with the polenta.