water 1½ cups
nori (roasted) 4 sheets
sushi rice 1 cup
bell pepper (thinly sliced) ½ cup
rice vinegar 3 tsp
salt a pinch
1. Combine and boil the water and rice in a saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir whilst adding vinegar and salt. Set aside to cool.
2. Cover a bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap to keep the rice from sticking. Place a sheet of nori over the plastic, and use your hands to evenly spread rice on the sheet, leaving ½ inch of the sheet empty at the bottom.
3. Arrange strips of bell pepper and avocado across the centre of the rice. Lift the mat, roll it over the vegetables once, and press down. Unroll, and roll again towards the exposed end to make a long roll. Moisten the exposed end, and wrap to fully seal. Repeat for all nori sheets.
4. Use a sharp, wet knife to slice the rolls into 5-6 pieces.
5. Serve cut side up with sushi condiments like soy sauce and wasabi.