Lemon Meringue Pie is a finger-licking dessert with a fresh lemon taste and creamy meringue topping. This dish is made of lemon custard filling, meringue filling and shortcrust pastry. Parmesan Shortbread with Fennel & Sea Salt is another delicious sweet dish made with flour, fennel powder, sea salt and rich parmesan cheese. A chef from Taj Krishna has shared these two recipes.
Lemon Meringue Pie
For the sweet paste
Icing sugar 45 gm
Butter 95 gm
Flour 185 gm
Egg (whole) 1
For the lemon curd
Lemon juice 125 gm
Sugar 150 gm
Egg (whole) 150 gm
Butter 190 gm
Gelatine 9 gm
For the Swiss meringue
Egg (white) 2
caster sugar 125 gm
1. For the sweet paste, cream icing sugar and butter until soft. Fold in the flour and add the whole egg. Mix until rolling consistency, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Sheet in desired shape of tart moulds. Bake at 170°C for 12 minutes.
3. For the lemon curd, bring the juice and sugar to a boil. Temper with egg and cook until a coating consistency is reached, stirring continuously. Add the softened butter and gelatine, set in tart shells and refrigerate.
4. For the Swiss meringue, heat the egg white and caster sugar on a double boiler. Directly add to mixer, and whip the warm egg white and caster sugar mixture on full spread until stiff peaks are formed.
5. Pipe the meringue onto the lemon pie, and blowtorch slightly until it turns golden-brown.
Parmesan Shortbread with Fennel & Sea Salt
Salted butter 150 gm
Caster sugar 50 gm
Flour 225 gm
Parmesan cheese (grated) 10 gm
Fennel powder 4 gm
1. Cream the butter and caster sugar in a tabletop mixer until soft and creamy. Fold in the flour.
2. Let rest for 30 minutes, then roll into sheets and cut into the desired shapes.
3. Top with grated parmesan and sea salt. Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.