So Valentine’s Day is soon approaching and we know how difficult it can be sometimes to plan something special. Booking a swanky restaurant is one way to go but if you’re looking to really impress your date this Valentine’s Day we’ve got 6 of the best cheese-free activities to help you push the romance envelope.
1. Go camping. What could be more romantic than literally spending the night under the stars with a campfire and roasted marshmallows? Pack your strongest anti-bug spray, your warmest blanket a tent and some nice wine and cheese and you are set.
2. Take a class. Sign yourself and your loved one for a class of cooking, dancing, painting, photography, art, anything that you have always wanted to learn. Sharing new experiences creates bonds between couples, so to celebrate Valentine's Day this year, dabble in learning a new skill.
3. Go to a museum. Lots of spectacular museums open particularly late on Friday evenings and they are invariably quiet. Slowly wander the endless corridors and show off your knowledge of the arts.
4. Murder mystery dinner. Go beyond the traditional Valentine’s Day dinner date and spend the evening solving a live mystery at an interactive theater-style meal. Make the night extra fun and dress for the show’s theme, but just be sure to purchase tickets early to ensure your seats.
5. Go to a spa. Pamper yourself and your loved one by getting a couple’s massage or therapy done and rejuvenate your body and mind.
6. Cook together at home. Make a list of your favorite foods and make a date of it. Go grocery shopping together and cook at home. Light some candles, put on some music and relish in the comfort of your home and away from the crowds.