Whether it is for work or play, many people spend hours texting on smart phones, typing on laptops or playing on tablets. Using electronic gadgets for hours together can be really bad for your eyes.
Here are 10 simple exercises for your eyes, which can be done under 15 minutes.
- Gaze Into The Darkness- Put your elbows on the table. Now close your eyes and cover them with your palms. Hold this position for a couple of minutes by relaxing and gazing into the darkness.
- Up And Down Eye Movement- Sit up and look straight ahead. Then look up and focus on what you see. Now look down and wrinkle your forehead or frown. Look up and down five times. Repeat this exercise three times.
- Side To Side Eye Movement-Either sit up straight or stand. Look straight ahead, without moving your head look to the left and focus on what you see. Then look to the right and focus on what you see. Move your eyes from side to side five times. Repeat this cycle three times.
- Move Your Eyes Diagonally- Always look straight ahead. Look down and to the left. Then move your eyes diagonally and look up and to the right, focus on what you see. Repeat the cycle five times, then look straight ahead and do the same set in the other direction. Repeat the entire cycle three times.
- Roll Your Eyes In Circular Motion- Sit up straight and relax. Look to the left and gently roll your eyes in clockwise. Do it clockwise five times and then counterclockwise five times. Repeat the entire cycle three times.
- Near And Far Focus- Focus your eyes on an object that is 20 to 30cm away from your eyes. Then look at something , which is happening at a distant. Focus on that and try to observe in detail. Then look at the object again. Change your focus five times. Repeat this exercise three times.
- Concentration 1- Sit and look up straight. Gaze at the point between your eyebrows. For a few seconds focus on what you see. Then look ahead again and focus at the point between your eyebrows. Change this focus five times. Repeat the entire cycle three times.
- Concentration 2- Sit and look up straight. Gaze at the tip of your nose for a few seconds. Then look ahead again. Change this focus five times. Repeat the entire cycle three times.
- Massage 1-This exercise must be done with closed eyes. Tightly shut your eyes for two to three seconds. Relax the muscles around your eyes. Squeeze your eyes shut again. Repeat this exercise ten times.
- Massage 2-Keep your eyes closed and gently massage your eyelids in circular motion. Make sure you do not press too hard. Make 10 circular movements, first clockwise and then counterclockwise.